kolmapäev, 28. august 2019

Vabandused. Vabandused

See on lihtsalt liiga hea, et mitte jagada. Autor: Neil Strauss:

"There’s one more leak we have to cover, and it’s the sneakiest of all.
Excuses.
Everyday, we let ourselves, and each other, off the hook. With the tiniest twists of language, we rationalize our avoidance. 
Tomorrow,” we tell ourselves. “Tomorrow, I’ll do it. Tomorrow, I’ll suddenly be the version of myself I want to be.”
So you hit the snooze button. You reach for your medications. You throw on a podcast to feel like you’re being productive by learning about something new and cutting edge.
Meanwhile, your life is waiting on standby, and the power of your attention is being wasted in avoiding the smallest of tasks.


The most highly successful and impactful people I know have dialed in their most important relationship…
That’s the one with their word.
What they say – they mean & do. They mean it, and they back it up with action. They tackle a task, get it done, and don’t have any stories about it.
They don’t take on more when it jeopardizes delivering on other commitments, just to people-please. They call themselves out mid-sentence when they hear bullshit pass their lips.
This doesn’t mean you can’t reschedule things, or change your mind. It’s okay to “renegotiate,” as we call it here. It just means you start taking your word seriously.
It means you know internal resistance is inevitable, especially toward what’s best for you, and you get things done regardless.
It means you let go of stories like, “I don’t have time,” or “I’m waiting for the right moment” or “I’m afraid I’ll fail.”
The secret to self-improvement, as I mentioned in the last email, is self-correction.
When you start making new choices, you start building a new self. So start taking radical ownership of your word. For example, if you didn’t get back to someone, or get something done, don’t dodge it by saying:
“Man, I’ve just been so busy…”
Own it. It’s not because you were busy, it’s because you weren’t organized and didn’t make it a priority.
Everywhere you go, practice listening for excuses in the people around you, and you’ll start seeing them more clearly in yourself.
The social norm is collusion. People seem to love backing up each other’s excuses, indulging resistance, and swapping self-limiting stories about why they can’t change.
But that’s not what you signed up for here…
Step up. Challenge each other. Challenge yourself. Be impeccable with your word. If we hold each other to our best, we’ll be unstoppable.
When you stop making so many excuses, you patch up a huge leak in your pipeline and immediately feel exponentially more productive and powerful.
Here’s a simple tool I use to make sure I honor my commitments:
I have a file in the Notes app on my phone called My Word. And every time I give someone my word, I write it down in that moment. And I deliver.
If you’re someone who delivers, someone with integrity, it will open incredible doors and opportunities for you. If you’re someone who makes empty promises, then you’re slamming doors shut in your own face.
So, that’s it for Finding Your Leaks.
To summarize: If you really want to unleash yourself and produce incredible results…

1. Understand the reasons why you’re self-medicating.
2. Control your relationship with media and technology.
3. Make sure you are being programmed with the code you need to be happy and successful.
4. Watch the excuses and self-limiting stories you hide behind…
…and you’ll be standing in the middle of a life you never dreamed possible."

1 kommentaar: